Fieldmagic allows you to set-up Asset Checklists for use on Recurring Jobs as well as Simple Jobs for asset repair work.
Step 1: Settings
If you are an Administrator user you can access the Settings area by selecting the gear icon in the top right-hand menu:
Step 2: Select 'Checklists'
Scroll down and select Checklists to start creating your first checklist:
Step 3: Click 'Add'
Select add to start creating your checklist:
Step 4: Name your checklist
Name your checklist and select Checklist Type as Asset Checklist, and then select the Asset Type this checklist will relate to. If you haven't already set up your Asset Types, please refer to this article on how this is done.
Step 5: Define Service Periods
The next step in the process of creating your asset checklist is to define the various service periods that will be carried out for this asset type:
Step 6: Define asset prompts
The final step in the process is to define the various prompts to be displayed for each period or service.
Fieldmagic supports the following types of prompts:
- Pass/Fail: Allows you to define multiple possible Pass values and Fail values. Simply type in each value and hit Enter on your keyboard to save an entry.
- Field Entry: Allows you to look up to the Asset fields and any Custom Attributes you have defined to keep the asset up to date on it's the latest service undertaken.
- Signature: Allows you to prompt for a signature.
- Instructions: Allows you to define a set of instructions for your field team to read. This option allows you to insert values from your site or job into the instructional text as well.
- Dropdown: Allows you to define multiple possible dropdown values. Simply type in each value and hit Enter on your keyboard to save an entry.
- Text: Allows you to ask for a text entry from your field staff. There are no character limits for text entries.
- Number: Allows you to request a Number value from your field staff.
- Date: Allows you to request a Date value from your field staff.
In the below example we can see that we have a prompt for our field user to check the temperature of the asset by using a Field Entry type prompt which will show any of the available Custom Asset Attributes that we may have defined to record for that type of Asset. This is very useful when you have specific readings and metrics to capture, and provides you with flexibility on how to define your checklists.