Fieldmagic allows you to define multiple recurring service schedules per Site in order to streamline the management of routine tasks, inspections and maintenance work.
When Asset Inspections Are Required
Prior to setting up a recurring job for a group of assets, there are two key areas you will need to ensure is set-up in your system before you can start setting up your various recurring jobs at each Site location.
Note: If your recurring job does not require an Asset Type to be serviced, skip Steps 1 & 2 below and proceed to Step 3.
Step 1: Ensure System-wide Asset Types Are Set-Up
Before creating any recurring jobs, you will need to define your system-wide Asset Types. Asset Types are the different equipment, machines, or systems you carry out regular service on. Examples might include Fire Extinguishers, HVAC Units, CCTV Cameras etc.
Click this link to learn how Asset Types are set-up.
Step 2: Ensure Your Asset Checklists are Set-Up (Optional)
After you have your Asset Types well established, you can create a checklist for each corresponding Asset Type you have created, to ensure that when your recurring jobs are created, this checklist will be attached to the job to carry out the servicing of equipment. This is optional if you have a set of standards you'd like to ensure are tracked.
Click this link to learn how to set-up an Asset Checklist.
What Happens if We just want a Simple Pass/Fail Option for Assets?
If an Asset Checklist is not set-up, Assets will default to a simple "Pass" or "Fail" option by long-pressing the asset on the job as below.
- Access Tools on the Job
- Access Assets Option
- Long Press on the Asset to Bring Up Option to Mark as Pass or Fail
Step 3: Create a Recurring Job Against Your Site
Now that you have the correct system set-up in place, you can begin to set-up your various recurring jobs against each Site:
Step 4: Enter in Key Recurring Job Details
Complete the key fields required to set up your recurring job.
- Select Period: How often this job will be carried out.
- Department: Used for department-level reporting.
- Default Technician: Who the assigned to Technician for the Job should be.
- Next Job Date: This is when the initial recurring job will be created, following this, the date will be automatically updated based on the schedule period.
- Priority: Defines the urgency level of the Job and sets the colour coding of the job in the mobile app.
- PO Number: If there is a PO Number for the Maintenance Contract.
- Expiry Date: When the recuring job schedule is made inactive (this can be left blank).
- Job Skill: Defining the correct skill level for this Job.
- Asset Type: What Asset Type this Recurring Job is for (Optional - Only if the Recurring Job is to Service a group of Assets).
- Checklist: Attach a Job Checklist to be carried out on your recurring job. Learn in this article how a Job Checklist is set-up.
- Status: Defines if the Recurring Job is active or inactive.
- Automatically Create: Automatically creates the job. *Note: The job will only be created and available in the jobs module on the exact Next Job Creation Date. Prior to this date, the job will only be available in the Generate Scheduled Jobs section.
- Billable: Defines if the Job is billable. Leave untoggled if you have a Recurring Invoice in place (the Job will go directly to the status of "Invoiced" once completed), otherwise set to active and set an amount to be billed and each recurring job will move to "Completed" ready for review and generate an invoice for the work.
- Job Summary: Shows in the Mobile App as the description of the task.
You can set in the System tab if the recurring job is billable and if you want to automatically create the job for every occurrence. You may also deactivate or activate a recurring job in this tab.
You can select your assets here from the drop-down that you want to service recurringly and you can add a checklist as well.
Step 5: Creating Recurring Jobs Using Wizard
To create your Due and Upcoming Recurring Jobs, select the Generate Scheduled Job option in your menu bar as below:
Using Wizard Filters
From here you can use the available filters listed below to create your recurring jobs which will place them into your jobs list at the status of Awaiting Scheduling.
- Asset Types: Filter to narrow your list to show only the selected Asset Type.
- Schedule: Filter by the period of service i.e. Monthly, Quarterly etc.
- Technician: Filter by Technician
- Next Job Date: Filter to show recurring jobs by their required due date.
- Filter By Site: Filters your list of recurring jobs to show only those for the selected Site.
- Show in Progress: Shows Recurring Jobs in progress.
Select Jobs and Generate
Select the jobs you'd like to create and then select Generate Jobs:
You will then see the following message to indicate your jobs have been created and will be available in the Jobs List for scheduling:
Viewing Recently Created Jobs to Schedule
To view any jobs waiting to be scheduled simply select the All Jobs Awaiting Scheduling filter:
To learn how to schedule the job, read this article which explains.
Accessing Assets to Service on a Job in the Mobile App
If your recurring maintenance job is for a group of assets, you will see all the assets linked to the Job under the Tools area of the task in the app as below: