Connecting Fieldmagic to MYOB integrates Customers, Contacts, Customer Invoices, Supplier Invoices, Tax Codes, Account Codes, and Items. Records in Fieldmagic that are integrated with MYOB have an Accounting ID field present in Customers and Invoices.
Only administrators can integrate Fieldmagic to your MYOB accounting system. It is recommended that you have an existing MYOB account before connecting Fieldmagic to MYOB.
Step 1: Go to Settings
Step 2: Select Connect Applications
Under the integration settings, select Connect Applications:
Step 3: Select Connect MYOB
On clicking Connect, Fieldmagic will prompt you to sign in to your MYOB account. Make sure you sign in to your account as an admin, as this will be important to ensure you can connect to Fieldmagic.
Once you have done this, the below screen will be presented to you. Click Allow Access:
Verify the Correct Company File:
Select the company file you'd like to sync with and enter in your credentials:
Step 4: Connection Process Commences
- Tax Codes and Account Codes Importing
- Items Importing
- Customers/Suppliers will be Imported as Customers, Sites and Contacts
- You will be prompted to select the default inventory asset account
- You will be prompted to select the default items, tax codes and account codes
- The setup of the integration will be completed.
Tips: Setting Your Default Account and Tax Codes
- The default product is used when you haven't selected a product in the invoice line (it's usually set to something like "Custom Item"). If you don't have a generic product, you can select anything.
- For default tax codes, select GST.
- For the default sales and purchase codes, select your most common sales and account codes are (usually something similar to Sales and Expenses).
Step 5: Connected!
Once you have successfully connected, you should see the below screen. Simply click continue to complete the process:
The below screen will then be visible showing you have successfully connected to MYOB:
Additional Tools Available for Ad-Hoc Imports
Within your accounting set-up in Fieldmagic, the above tools will be available to you for ad-hoc data imports:
- Import Tax Codes: Manually import any new Tax Codes you set up from MYOB.
- Import Account Codes: Manually import any new Account Codes you set up from MYOB.
- Import Items: Manually import any new items from MYOB.
- Import Customer and Supplier: Manually import new customers and suppliers from MYOB.
- Import Contacts: Manually import new contacts from MYOB.
Disconnecting Your MYOB Account
To disconnect Fieldmagic from your MYOB Account, simply click the Disconnect button in your Accounting Integration set-up as below: