Connecting Fieldmagic to Reckon Hosted integrates Customers, Contacts, Customer Invoices, Supplier Invoices, Tax Codes, Account Codes, and Items. Records in Fieldmagic that are integrated with Reckon have an Accounting ID field present in Customers and Invoices.
Only administrators can integrate Fieldmagic to your Reckon Hosted accounting system. It is recommended that you have an existing Reckon account before connecting Fieldmagic to Reckon.
Step 1: Go to Settings
Step 2: Select Connect Applications
Under the integration settings, select Connect Applications:
Step 3: Select Connect Reckon Hosted
Step 4: Sign-In to Reckon Hosted
You will be prompted to sign-in to Reckon:
Step 5: Grant Fieldmagic Access to Your Reckon Account
Click Yes, Allow when prompted to grant Fieldmagic Access to your Reckon system:
Step 6: Select your Company File and Enter Details
Select the Company File you'd like to connect to and enter in your credentials:
Step 7: Connection Process Commences
- Tax Codes and Account Codes Importing
- Items Importing
- Customers/Suppliers will be Imported as Customers, Sites and Contacts
- You will be prompted to select the default inventory asset account
- You will be prompted to select the default items, tax codes and account codes
- The setup of the integration will be completed.
Tips: Setting Your Default Account and Tax Codes
- The default product is used when you haven't selected a product in the invoice line (it's usually set to something like "Custom Item"). If you don't have a generic product, you can select anything.
- For default tax codes, select GST.
- For the default sales and purchase codes, select your most common sales and account codes are (usually something similar to Sales and Expenses).
Step 8: Connected!
Once you have successfully connected, you should see the below screen. Simply click continue to complete the process:
You should now see the below screen:
Within your accounting set-up in Fieldmagic, the above tools will be available to you for ad-hoc data imports:
- Import Tax Codes: Manually import any new Tax Codes you set up from Reckon.
- Import Account Codes: Manually import any new Account Codes you set up from Reckon.
- Import Items: Manually import any new items from Reckon.
- Import Customer and Supplier: Manually import new customers and suppliers from Reckon.
- Import Contacts: Manually import new contacts from Reckon.
Disconnecting Your Reckon Hosted Account
To disconnect Fieldmagic from your Reckon Account, simply click the Disconnect button in your Accounting Integration set-up as below: